Sunday, December 28, 2008

Painted Chairs







I (Ashley) painted these 2 chairs over summer break. Though break was 3 months, it really only took me a few weeks to paint them.



The chairs were part of a 4 chair set...so I really should paint the rest. I will do them very soon! I found a pretty picture of roses that I liked, and modified it to suit the chair as well as the color of the paints we had at home. The whole chair was sanded down, painted white, and then the roses and leaves were painted on with acrylic paints.



The two chairs and table we got really cheap from a garage sale near our old house. Mom sanded them down and we stained them a nice deep mahoghany color.



2 comments:

  1. Nice furniture sets you have there !

    Who painted the roses ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice!
    how u make the roses?
    draw with hand or cut from the newpaper?

    ReplyDelete